2011/11/23

Newly in France

The time has flown since I first set foot on French soil almost 3 months ago. I knew I was in for a life changing experience and was ready for it....in most ways. Not really knowing much of the French language has been my biggest challenge and frustration. I am working on my French daily but I know it will be a long process, but I am determined to persevere.... :-)


The area that I now call home is very picturesque and full of history. Each village or small town has its own unique charm, many are literally hundreds of years old. A great number of these towns or villages are built on hills or on the side of hills. This was mainly for defensive purposes because at the time you never knew who might attack you, or when. I have found you need a good pair of walking shoes when you visit these towns because most involve alot of walking and much of that is uphill.
I've taken hundreds of photos since arriving in France and I will share some of those photos here. I don't pretend to be a professional photographer or writer but I will do my best to convey my experiences and snapshots of the places I travel to.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire