2012/01/08

A short weekend......

Here it is Sunday night and I'm wondering where the weekend went to. We were able to get out the past 2 days to discover some areas that we had yet to visit. Saturday it was off to the town of Manosque which is a fairly short 1 hour drive from here. The town of around 23,000 has existed for well over 1000 years with a nice mixture of the old and the new.

We walked the narrow streets of the old city which were busy with shoppers and sightseers. Included were 2 stops at Chocolatier shops (yes, 2) to fulfill our (my) craving for chocolate. I've never actually overdosed on chocolate but I think I came close after consuming more than my fair share of this mouthwatering treat.

Center town - Manosque
Get your specialty thé and café right here....(tea and coffee) 
The last weekend for Christmas lights.
One of the shops that lead to my chocolate overdose.

I continue to be impressed with the majority of towns large and small that we have travelled to. The center of the towns are full of restaurants, shops and a variety of other business's. Rarely have I seen an empty building or one going out of business. Not alot of chain stores in the medium to smaller cities and most of the vehicle traffic still passes through or very close to the center of town. Each of the shops have their own distinct look and design which at the very least gives me some photo opportunities....:-)

Mime - Manosque - This guy needs a little sun 

Center town with an "old time" sepia look. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire