2012/03/16

Starry night....

Just got back in from one of my nightly walks with Rudy out in the vineyard. Lots of twinkling stars out this evening and even a shooting star streaking across the night sky before it burned itself out. I see alot of falling stars here at night probably because it is a wide open valley with lots of open space to see in all four directions.

This afternoon I took a 20 minute drive to the little town of Simiane-la-Rotonde which is north and east of the la maison which is French for the house. I had been to this hilltop town before and taken some photos but they just didn't turn out the way I had hoped they would. It was another nice day so it gave me an excuse to travel there, enjoy the scenery and walk the narrow streets of the town. I haven't even looked at all the photos I took but I'll sift through them all and post here in the next day or two.

This past Wednesday when I made my excursion up into the hills I took some photos of a small part of the valley below and also some in the valley itself. It was a day that shooting anywhere close to the west was nearly futile because of the sun and the very hazy conditions. I found that taking photos to the north or east was about the only thing possible. We had visited the tiny village of Gignac a couple of weeks ago and during the drive down the mountain I could see the town below, so naturally I had to stop and take some photos from my bird's-eye view. As hilly as this area is there is also and endless supply of angles and elevations to take photos of the same thing.

I did work on my French this morning and even attempted to read the news articles on the French version of MSN.....I'm progressing lentement. (slowly)

Gignac from above 
Gignac - a wider view
In the valley after returning from the hills above.
It's getting greener around here. 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire