2011/12/02

December already??

Hard to believe I've been in France for over 3 months now with Christmas just right around the corner. My job back in the states required many long hours during the holiday season, one in which I ended up wishing the season to be over with. It will be different this year and quite the adjustment for me...I think I can handle it...:-)

Finally getting serious about learning the French language as I have classes now 3 days a week in Cavaillon which is about a 35-40 minute drive from here. I must admit I have struggled mightily in my quest to learn the language. The gender of masculine and feminine for French words has been particularly hard for me but I am learning, slowly. I have a new appreciation for those who have taken on and learned a new language, not to mention those who have learned numerous languages.

Roman theatre in Arles

Roman arena in Arles dating back to 1st century B.C.  

Castle in Tarascon - constructed in the 1400's

View from the top of the castle in Tarascon. Looking south on the Rhone river
Since arriving here in August of this year I've taken countless photos and visited many interesting and historical places. It would take years I think to run out of places to see and things to do, and that's just in the region that we live in now. I have posted a few of those photos in this entry and will post more in the coming days and weeks.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire