2011/12/07

Raindrops falling on my head....

Dodging a few raindrops here today in the valley. I was actually up early this morning and was treated to a nice sunrise and even a rainbow.

Today is a day off from my French class in Cavaillon so I've been doing some house chores and of course studying to the best of my ability. I can actually say I'm learning everyday but of course not as quickly as I would like. Most in the class can speak some French so I'm playing catch up at this point.
There is one other American in the class and he is light years ahead of me in his knowledge of the language. He's been in France since April and he along with my instructor have been a big help in my quest to learn.

Our class is located right in the heart of Cavaillon where they are doing some major work on the streets and walkways. It should be really nice when it is completed according to the artist drawings I have seen. Cavaillon is a town of about 25,000 and has alot of people moving in and out of the center of the city during the day.  It has a number of nice, older buildings and with a little work the center part could be even better.

I'm getting close to my 4 month anniversary since arriving here and of course  there have been many good times and sights to see, as well as the expected feelings of homesickness from time to time. Just a total lifestyle kind of change that I imagine everyone goes through when moving to a foreign country....probably a little harder for an old guy like me...:-)

Looking forward to getting out and seeing some of the Christmas decorations in the many villages and towns in and around the valley. Apt has some very nice holiday lighting and I hear many others do the same. I'll try to get some photos and share them on here when I do get out and experience Christmas in France.

I've opened up the photo vault of all the pictures I have taken since arriving here and sharing a few now. Hopefully along with my language skills, my photography skills will also improve the more I work at it. Below are some photos of Gordes taken in October of this year. Gordes is a city built on a rocky hill with some spectacular views overlooking the Luberon Valley.
It is no wonder this city perched on rocky cliffs is a popular tourist destination as it has many nice shops, restaurants, architecture and those great vistas of the valley below.
Gordes basking in the late afternoon sunlight





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire