2012/02/13

Hibernation.....

The thermostat here in southern France is definitely in need of repair or at least some adjusting. The cold spell continues and it seems to be putting everyone (including myself) in a hibernating kind of mood. My landlord Bernard says that the cold we've been experiencing is very unusual and has lasted much longer than normal. It has definitely put a damper on my outdoor and picture taking activities which I hope to resume......as soon as it warms up.

The house we live in has been warm all winter long with the exception of the last couple of weeks. The rock walls are at least a foot thick and they have been absorbing all this cold which in turn radiates inside, or at least I think that's what is happening. In any case, the radiant heat we use here is working overtime  in an attempt to keep these rooms warm. Lately you'll find me wearing a sweater inside and throwing an extra blanket on the bed......HURRY up spring!!!

Okay, enough of me whining about the weather....some are probably wondering if I want some cheese with my "whine."  :-)

I'm posting some photos below that were taken in November of last year.  The locations were in the tiny villages of Sivergues and Lincel.

Sivergues - Many of the houses are built right into the rock formations. 
Sivergues
Church in Lincel 
The "Tin Man" ready to light the way in Lincel

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire