2012/02/06

Really cold....

Just arrived back from French class in super cold Cavaillon and it appears tomorrow will be a carbon copy of today. Although it hasn't been as brutally cold here as it has been in eastern Europe it is still a numbing and chill you to the bone experience.  Definitely a dangerous kind of wind chill in Cavaillon and the coldest day I have experienced since my arrival. It's about a 35-40 minute drive back home and when I arrived I could immediately tell a difference in the temperature. Not as much wind here and the temps coupled with a much less severe wind chill made it feel at least 15 to 20 degrees warmer. Tomorrow will find me dressed much warmer as today I was totally unprepared for this winter blast.

We didn't get out much this weekend as Alicia has caught a strain of the flu that has been making its rounds in the area. Her daughter Katie and her 2 girls came Saturday and stayed until Sunday which made for a full house,  plus I got some free French lessons from 5 year old Kiara....she finally gave up on me... :-)

I'm posting some remaining photos I took last week after it snowed. Right now the snow remains and I expect it to stick around for awhile until some warmer weather returns....which might be awhile.

Large farmhouse east of Villars  
Snow covered vineyards below the village of Villars  
Looking northeast from Villars

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire