2012/03/05

Spring has sprung.....a leak


Canal that runs through the center of Cavaillon
Construction in Cavaillon - Notice everyone dining outdoors on this sunny and warm day.
Soon this mini canal will be flowing with water with a larger walking area to be constructed on the left
It seems that winter isn't ready just yet to make an exit in southern France. Last night the winds picked up considerably and this morning it is much colder outside. I've even heard rumors of the possibility of snow sometime this week, which I hope are just that....rumors.

Yesterday we traveled to Monteux to see Alicia's daughter and her family. The weather was nice enough to have our meal outside on the deck. One of the things you'll notice here is that when the weather is nice people take advantage of it and have their meals outdoors. Whether it's at home or at restaurants most people here prefer to dine out in the fresh air. 

I've been to Monteux quite a few times but have never really got out and walked around the city. Compared to most of the towns and villages in the area Monteux is I guess what you would call fairly modern. Originally the old part of town was completely surrounded by stone walls but now only a fraction of those old walls remain. No hills or steep cliffs to climb while walking as the town sets on a flat plain just at the western edge of the Vaucluse range. 

No class for me today in Cavaillon due to attendance. In fact Mondays class might me completely cancelled which would require me to drive to Avignon or Carpentras which would be a considerably longer commute. Attendance has been up lately but it seems possibly not enough to warrant continuing on Monday. I'm sure I will find out more about my future classroom locations tomorrow. I did take a few snapshots of the center of Cavaillon last week during lunch. There is alot of construction going on as they're trying to improve the "centre ville" area. Eventually they will have a small canal running right through the middle of town which should be nice when completed. 

Even though there is no class today I will still study as if I was actually in class. After all, that's what we model students do. :-)  Rudy is telling me it is time to go outside for a walk so the studying will commence  after our return from our windy and cold "promenade."  

Cafe de Paris.......in Monteux
Right outside the center of Monteux 
Part of the old city wall into Monteux


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire