2012/04/02

Apt market...

A closer look at the cherry blossoms 
The vineyard with the cherry grove in the background
I mentioned in my last entry that we visited the Apt market Saturday morning. This market draws hundreds of people every weekend that do their shopping as well as discover things they just can't live without. Most of the center of the town is blocked off to car traffic allowing everyone to leisurely walk the streets and browse all that is offered from the numerous vendors and businesses.

It was last week that the cherry trees in this region really started to blossom and show their colors. When I arrived here last August I just saw alot of trees, not knowing really what kind they were. Of course you really take notice when those trees start to bloom those white colored flowers that dot the landscape.  Although not as abundant as cherry and olive trees there are alot of fig trees that grow here. I did pick my fair share of figs last year and I must say they are very tasty right off the tree.

After a sunny and warm weekend the weather has shifted to a lower gear here today with cooler temps and at times it looks like rain. I know the farmers need some rain here after what was a dry winter...hopefully they will get some of that precipitation soon.

Those are some BIG chunks of cheese. They say France has a different kind of cheese for every day of the year. Actually, I think it's more than that. 
Need some olives? Whole olives or mashed olives...take your pick. 
Soaps of all colors and scents.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire