2012/06/28

Purple fields of lavender.....

I arrived in France last August just after most of the lavender had been harvested so I knew I would have to wait until this year to get a look at those fields of purple. Since we have moved from the Apt-Villars area we're not as close to where alot of lavender is grown but early in the evening yesterday we made a quick trip to Apt so Alicia could get fitted for new glasses. We did see a few small fields of purple but most are in the higher elevations which we just didn't have time to visit....hopefully this weekend we'll be able to do that.

Small lavender field near Villars 
Even more colorful in the shade 



We did stop at a couple of those small fields to get some photos and also so I could get my first real scent of lavender in the air. Alicia picked just a few in the first field which gave the car a nice fragrance during our ride home. The second field we stopped at had a small wired fence around it and when I placed my hand on it I received a surprising but mild jolt of electricity. I guess they didn't want anyone picking their lavender. :-)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire