2012/07/05

The "hill".....

Since moving to Vedene Rudy and I have visited what I'll call "the hill" above town numerous times. It's about a 10 minute walk and it provides Rudy the only wide open space to run freely without his leash. The hill itself at the top is probably a half mile long from north to south and another half mile wide east to west with some open spaces and wooded areas as well. The only structure is an old abandoned church and what looks like possibly a bunker left over from World War 2...I'll have to investigate as to what it actually is.

There are small bluffs on the west, north and east of the hill which are the home of a small goat that Rudy and I have seen numerous times. He will come close if I call him but up to this point he won't come right up to me...probably because Rudy is there as well. Of course every time I have taken my camera with me the goat is nowhere to be found but I'm sure we'll meet again and when we do I'll have my camera ready.

I know the weather back home has been extremely hot and dry and here it's been a mixed bag lately. Saturday it was very hot with high humidity but Sunday was a different story. I woke up to rain and much cooler temperatures and Sunday night I even had to wear a jacket when walking the dog because it was windy and cold.

This weekend there is a huge festival in Avignon which we plan on visiting. Evidently there will be lots of music, displays, food and of course a great amount of people flooding into the old walled part of the city. Hopefully I'll also be able to get out soon and snap photos of some of the larger fields of lavender before they're harvested.
3/4's of the way up the hill looking west at Avignon in the distance.  
The little bluffline on the north side where I usually see the little goat.
Abandoned church - To the right the hill drops down quickly into Vedene,
Looking north and east - There are literally dozens of small towns and villages from here to Mont Ventoux which rises in the background.
North - in the distance a small mountain range called Dentelles de Montmirail
Vedene - Some olive trees immediately below.
I have to keep Rudy on a VERY short leash when walking the streets of town. Some very narrow sidewalks with cars often zipping by quickly. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire